Thursday 2 July 2009

Atmosphere 24th June 2009



What a better way to start than with discussing an Atmosphere gig.
I saw Atmosphere for the first time last summer in Bristol, and they were amazing. I spent the rest of the year complaining about how they needed to come back here and tour, so when I found their only UK date at the Scala in Kings Cross I was over the moon.
Atmosphere played music as early as Overcast right up to their modern stuff. With a 2 hour set, due to the set list being seen by people at the front of the crowd and Slug therefore feeling obliged to sing all the songs that were listed for possible encore choices.
By far one of the best gigs I been to. Atmosphere still remain an underground act that not many people know of, but once people are exposed they seem to be hooked.

Puppets at Scala: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oX7clqn-3U
Only video I can find online as my camera went mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment